Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Dusting off the keys... to Celebrate

Hello and happy Sunday!
It's been awhile for me, but a personal goal as the school year started was to blog more! I want to write more, as it helps me reflect and comprehend what's going on around me. So today is the day!
And for that I'm going to celebrate...


I'm joining Ruth Ayres to celebrate this week and you should too!


This week for me is all about making it.
I had a rough one.
There I said it.
I admitted it.
Only September, and I'm not quite in my groove.
But---
instead of dwelling on the rough week I had,
I want to share some 'LOVE'
I want to share some happiness.

Two things happened this week that I want to shout from the mountains. Unfortunately I can't share them both.. but in due time I can {not my news to share}...however the other is in the beauty of nature.

As I shared in an earlier post, my tattoo is my grandmothers handwriting.
It's from a letter she wrote me. 



I received this rose as a peace rose from my teammates at school when my grandmother passed. It was sudden, and not expected.
It was hard.

We moved about a year ago, and this plant was struggling, as was I on so many levels. However looking at it today is truly amazing.
It wasn't growing.
It was being eaten...
It only had a few buds.
And now???
Now...
It is thriving.
I would like to say that I am thriving....
I am not...
However, I'm much better right now than I was a year ago,--
So to me, I consider that thriving a little bit, and that's better than nothing.
SO for that---
I celebrate.

What do you celebrate??
Link up!
Share!


xo
~Ana



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I see a person striving and working towards thriving. Thanks for sharing the struggle and the beauty that you find in the midst of it. It's helpful to see that I'm not alone and others have their times of muddling through too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading about your thriving if only a little bit, and keeping on as needed. We've all been there at one time or another, so know you're not alone. The analogy with the flower is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you dusted off the key to join our celebration. And yes, sometimes, all we manage to do is thrive a little bit. Just look at your rose bush and be inspired. Thanks for the pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ana, life is fragile and uncertain but in the midst of struggle we gain strength somehow to carry on if we but believe. Your roses are thriving and you are progressing toward that state. Stay grounded and live in love.

    ReplyDelete