Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2016

A Snowy Day??! {#SOL16 Day 24}

I am done with school for Spring Break.
I'm excited.
I'm looking forward to sleeping in. 
I'm wanting to have a PJ day.
I'm exhausted. 

I sat today and at school from time to time watching the rain... again!
All I could think about was how tired I was. 
My kids were crazy today,
as another weather system blew in. 
Snow.

The 4 letter word of the hour right now. 
Snow. 

I am stunned, even though I shouldn't be...
After all it is the Midwest. 
One day we're in the 60s, and the next there is snow!
Snow and Wind. 
A lot of Wind.

As I left school today and was pelted in the head
with that white stuff,
I couldn't help but smile a little....

How exciting is it to live where we live?
I mean, we get all 4 seasons, and each time they come around,
it's totally a different story. 
Almost like the days in a school year....

So although I don't look thrilled, 
as I got home safely and spent time with my family,
I couldn't help but look outside,
and be thankful for where we live. 



Today marks day 24 for the Slice of Life Writing Challenge! 
I'm excited to be here! :) 



4 comments:

  1. Weather is as weather does! I think that is a quote "ish" form Forest Gump. We tire of winter but she will only be done with us when she is ready. Enjoy your break, I hear you on the kids when these systems are coming in, they are wild!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather is as weather does! I think that is a quote "ish" form Forest Gump. We tire of winter but she will only be done with us when she is ready. Enjoy your break, I hear you on the kids when these systems are coming in, they are wild!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing better than a PJ day!!! I hope you enjoy your spring break, regardless of the weather! Here in VA we started with snow and yesterday it was in the 70s. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am glad that we live in a place where we get to experience all four seasons. However, I would appreciate it if they would follow the rules of the calendar and stop and start on time. You are WAY more positive about the snow that I am right now. Maybe that's because it was Positive Thinking Thursday???

    Jen

    ReplyDelete