In the matter of 9 months, we lost both my grandmother and grandfather.
It was hard.
My grandpa was more expected, and my grandmother was not.
In the feelings of loss---
it becomes so apparent how much love can be spread through your family while coming together.
I'm a very sentimental person. I hold things close to my heart. I never thought I would, even though I wanted one.... but I did. I got a beautiful tattoo in honor of them and their life and love for all 8 children, and 25+ grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren.
This is my grandmother's handwriting. I took it from a note she wrote to me. It ends in a spade. Their special game was Queen of Spades. They would play every night. We would all play as a family. The bracelet is also made from her old buttons. I wear it often, and feel their love.
We also play a hand of spades as often as we can. I have to say, I'm getting very good! :)

Wow, that is beautiful that you used your grandmothers handwriting and love of her favorite game to tatoo! I can sense your deep devotion to family and your heritage.
ReplyDeleteThank you Rachel! I am so happy you were able to sense my strong connection and devotion to my family! I look at it and smile everyday!
DeleteThat was so beautiful. I love the sentiment in both the bracelet and the tattoo. When you said it was your Grandmas's handwriting, you made me cry. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I love my bracelet to go along with the tattoo as well. I touch it often and think that she's there because it's her writing! Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteThat was so beautiful. I love the sentiment in both the bracelet and the tattoo. When you said it was your Grandmas's handwriting, you made me cry. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I always knew I wanted a tattoo, and her handwriting was perfect for a permanent addition to my sentiment of both of them as well!
DeleteGreat slice! I too am looking at getting a tattoo! I want it to be meaningful as well. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandra! What are you thinking about getting? I also want to get one with my Son's name or birthday or something... but I think I"m going to wait until I'm done having kids to decide!!! :)
DeleteGreat slice! I too am looking at getting a tattoo! I want it to be meaningful as well. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful. What a great tribute to her and to feel her "love" so close to you. I was close to my grandma as well. I never thought to get a tattoo of her writing.
ReplyDeleteThank you Maria. I love to feel her so close to me with everything as I do. Her writing was just so beautiful, so once I thought of it I knew right away that it was the perfect thing to do!
DeleteIt's a loving thing to make something happen that is permanent for the love of your grandparents, Ana. How special that you will carry that "love" with you always. It's so creative to use your grandmother's own writing for the tattoo. I think they would be very pleased to see it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda! I do love that I can carry it always. She has beautiful handwriting that I could tell apart from anywhere! I appreciate you stopping by to leave sweet comments always! Thanks for keeping me going.
DeleteA beautiful tribute to your grandparents. I remember playing cards with my grandparents too. We just don't do that very much these days.....
ReplyDeleteI wish we played more cards! We try to play a lot in my family. It's something that I hope to continue with my kids!
DeleteBeautiful tattoo! I remember playing cards with my grandmother. I lost her more than ten years ago. Your slice brought me right back! There's something so special about grandparents. Thank you for remembering and for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThanks Michelle! Cards is the best. It's crazy that you remember and hold close such specific things from the people that you love. Grandpas are the best! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments. I appreciate all of your kind words.
Delete