Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2016

First Easter/Last Easter {#SOL16 Day 27}

Happy Easter to all of those who celebrate!
I had a truly wonderful day full of 
love, family, worship and reflection. 

This Easter was very different than ones
that I've had in the past. My parents
are in Hawaii, for a much needed getaway,
and today was the first time we've had Easter
 without either of my grandparents. 

Last Easter was the last time that I 
got to see and spend time with my grandmother. 
I know that the dates were different,
but I've been replaying last Easter in my
head over and over. I keep looking back on pictures
hoping that one of them with her would magically
be not blurry.  They all still are. 

It's weird how that happens. We had the most beautiful
day outside in the sun last year. Hudson was about 1 
and we were surrounded by family. So much family!
It was a great day.  She got Hudson three trains
from the Thomas show that he still plays with so
much to this day. He loves trains. 
We couldn't stay long, as we were on baby time...
but it was a great time!

We kissed and said goodbye and left
just like every other day or holiday or event previously. 
Is was the last time we saw her. 
That is hard to think and look back on. 

Today was hard, however ended up being magical
and one of the most wonderful days 
we have had as a family.  
We all still come together, to laugh, share stories,
eat, and keep traditions alive. 
It felt so good!






This lamb cake was always a part o our celebrations!
My grandmother would make one each year for Easter
and also for each of my aunts and uncles (8).
We had one today! :)







Today is the 27th day in the Slice of Life writing challenge. It's coming to an end, but there are still so many things that I have left to share, so I'm excited to keep writing with this wonderful community of writers. 


8 comments:

  1. Sweet past memories...sweet new memories, too. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lamb cake is adorable. Someone posted "lamb butter" on FB today, a little lamb created from butter! And your little boy Hudson is adorable. I'm glad you made some good new memories today despite the bittersweet memories of fun with your grandmother too. Time does make changes, and the best thing is that there are good memories to talk over. Happy Easter, Ana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hudson looks SO CUTE in his little suit! He is getting so big. The changing of traditions is always hard, but I'm glad you are making new ones. My family has the same tradition of the lamb cake. (Did you see that I brought it to school the other day?)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I saw the lamb cake at school, however I had no clue you made it!!! :) So fun!

      Delete
  4. What a sweet lamb cake! New traditions are hard. As my life changed and I needed to change traditions, I initially struggled with it. As time passes, I've enjoyed my new traditions and kept the stories of my older traditions. Glad your day ended with some magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know that I"m not the only one who has struggled with transition of traditions. :) The new ones are equally as great, just takes some time to get used to!

      Delete
  5. We had lamb cakes too! Hudson is so sweet. So glad you've been able to make our own traditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a really great day. I'm glad we were able to make our own traditions too!

      Delete