Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Superpowers! {#SOL16 Day 20}

Sunday Night Again!
I was doing so good slicing in the mornings all week...
except for today! 

I'm going to keep this one short and sweet,
but leaving you with something in mind. 

On Friday, we had an author visit at our school. 
The kids were just soon excited!
She was amazing. 

 Her name is Courtney Dicmas,
and it was so neat for our kids to meet her for many reasons....
however she also attended school in our district when she was younger. 
Her mother is a secretary in our district as well. 

She spent a lot of time talking to the students
about what she writes about, and how she gets her ideas for writing. 
A lot of the focus was on her life experiences, traveling and relationships
which gave her the ideas for her stories and for her characters. 

I loved how she ended her time with us. 
She told the kids to NEVER ever give up,
and to find their own superpowers!



It got me thinking so much about my own superpowers. 
We all have them. 
I think sometimes we don't always share them. 
We get caught up in our daily lives...
and it was so cool to see the kids thinking about what they would consider 
their own superpowers. 

I would have to say that some of my superpowers are:

Giving and Sharing love
Close and true with friendships
Being Loyal
Providing Laughter
Photography
Being a mom/wife/daughter/teacher/sister


What are your superpowers? 




9 comments:

  1. I love this idea, and so in line with the Lucy Calkins primary grade reading workshop. What books has Courtney Dicmas written?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a fun idea! The kids loved it too. Check out http://www.courtneydicmas.com for a list of her books. I wasn't familiar with her until she came to our school, but the kids LOVE her books!

      Delete
  2. Superpowers? My daughter has many too: her smile, her laughter, her love. I love how we all have the potential to touch others and be superheroes. Thanks for the important reminder. I also loved author visits. Authors are great at inspiring dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you made a list of someone else's superpowers! What a great idea to share with other people what we think their powers are.

      Delete
  3. Love your superpowers, Ana. Since you and I share a love of photography, I would like to invite you to create a digital inspiration for the next gallery that I will open after unveiling Winter Whisperings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! I would love to know more about this digital inspiration for your next gallery. Please let me know! I am honored for you to ask me to be a part of something!!

      Delete
  4. I think this was one of the most important things Courtney said on Friday. I love that you picked up on that too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, what are my superpowers?!?! You may have just inspired a new slice for me! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes!!! Do a slice on your powers! I would love to read about them!

      Delete