Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Drizzle Drizzle Drop {#SOL16 Day 23}

The clouds rolled in through the night
and not a sliver of sun was in sight. 

As we waited and watched
for that Spring rain to start,
I couldn't have been more happy
to not see it as snow during this part. 

I sit at my desk, and look at the gloom.
Why does the beginning of Spring, appear to start with such doom?

Each year in the Midwest, we're teased with the warmth,
Just enough to feel slighted when it doesn't continue to come forth. 

We get our hopes up, and all at once,
the forecast shares rain and/or snow 
inevitably coming in with a weather low.   

I can only hope as break approaches,
we have time to relax and soak in the light,
though the rain and snow, 
seem to be the only thing in our sight. 

Drizzle, Drizzle, Drop
Drizzle, Drizzle, Drop

The rain looks like it doesn't want to stop. 



8 comments:

  1. Lovely poem. Our weather is certainly crazy! You captured it completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It has been such an interesting start to spring!! :)

      Delete
  2. Great Poem! I can see out your window ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Right now I can also hear out my window tons and tons of wind!!! ahhh!

      Delete
  3. Love the "drizzle, drizzle, drop"--great alliteration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had that in mind to use through the poem in-between stanzas, however I kept it until the end. :)

      Delete
  4. Here's hoping your spring break is filled with warmth & sunshine! My break is this week. It began with snow, but yesterday it reached the 80s. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great one, Ana! I am seriously hoping and wishing that if it can't be warm next week, at least it can be sunny.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete