Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

Art (#SOL16 Day 21)


One of my most favorite things is art. 
I love being artistic, doing crafts
watching people create things, etc!

I love and appreciate the arts in my school. 
We are beyond lucky to have great programs. 
One thing that I always do on 'career day'
is dress like our art teacher. 
I always tell my kids that I want to be our art teacher
when I grow up. 
I even borrow one of her aprons full of paint,
and LOVE it!

One thing that I also love and appreciate
is that our hallways are FILLED with student artwork
all year long. 

It's so amazingly welcoming and beautiful as you 
walk the halls at our school. 

There are framed pieces of artwork in some areas
to display student work, and also some in our office.

Our art teacher does such a wonderful job
displaying and showcasing all of our students 
and their hard work. 

I know it brightens my day. 

















What is somethings about your school that you love???




10 comments:

  1. I, too, love viewing student artwork! It's the first thing I notice when I make a school visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so lovely to see their hard work showcased? I love it so much too! :)

      Delete
  2. We have art at my school. My art teacher doesn't do as many beautiful displays, but the kids create incredible projects. I love watching kids who are not good at other things shine in the art room. We also have a Mariachi band (I'm at a dual language school) that I love listening to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Carol, that the best part of the arts is watching students who are struggling in other areas, especially academics, do so well in art, music, band, etc! I love that you have a Mariachi band at your school. How awesome!

      Delete
  3. We have art at my school. My art teacher doesn't do as many beautiful displays, but the kids create incredible projects. I love watching kids who are not good at other things shine in the art room. We also have a Mariachi band (I'm at a dual language school) that I love listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post because I agree, the children love art and I love their art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It just makes me smile to look at it each day!

      Delete
  5. Doesn't Aryn just do an amazing job making our school so colorful and welcoming? I have always loved seeing the kids' art projects. She is awesome! I'm glad you wrote about her today. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures of art work!!! I, too, love art. I joined the art club at our middle school. Being an art teacher seems like a dream job!! Thank you for sharing these lovely examples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I auditioned once for art excel when I was in grade school. I didn't make it, but was super excited to possibly be involved in the art program. I think I've wanted to be an art teacher since then ;)

      Delete