Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

I Am {#Sol16 Day 15}


I Am...

I am loving and positive
I wonder who I will still meet
I hear leaves crunching 

I see the sun set
I want to be strong 
I am loving and positive 

I pretend to be spontaneous 
I feel special 

I touch the wind
I worry about being enough 
I cry at movies 
I am loving and positive 


I understand that I can't control everything 

I say to treat others how you want to be treated 
I dream to see the world 
I try to always help others 
I hope to see a cure for cancer in my lifetime 
I am loving and positive




Day 15 of the Slice of Life writing challenge being put on by the Two Writing Teachers! 

5 comments:

  1. I like the thread of "I am loving and positive" that runs throughout this slice. As long as you continue to be those two things and to share those two things, all the rest will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you! I love doing I AM poems with my third graders. I thought, why not do one myself. :) Thanks for your kind words, I'm hoping things will fall into place too!

      Delete
  2. You are all of these things...and MORE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful poem!! I love it so much. You should add a line, "I am a poet." :)

    ReplyDelete