Whew!
I can't believe that the writing challenge
is going to be over today!
Part of me seems like I just sat down
on my first day and attempted to try something new!
Little did I know, I would have so much fun writing
and connecting with other writers from all over!
My post is symbolic of today in many reasons!
First of all, last year at this time
my husband and I were very much stuck.
We had sold our house in November,
and had plans to build next to my parents.
It fell through.
To say I was devastated is an understatement.
We were at square one again,
and not sure where to go or look.
We started the house search once again.
We found nothing.
Then we would find something,
and it wasn't what we thought.
We put in offers on a few things, but
they weren't what we really wanted.
Until we found our lot that we
currently live on.
I was making a picture book today
of our building process.
I contacted my cousin to ask her to send me some pictures.
You see, she was with me and my son, when
we strolled up the driveway at my parents house,
and my husband shared the great news---
"We got an accepted offer!!!"
She had no clue what was going on,
but pulled out her phone and started snapping
picture after picture.
I realized today while making that photo book,
that March 31st was the day that we found
out we were going to get our lot to build our house.
TODAY!!!
So weird??!! Yes, and no!
I believe that things happen for a reason.
Yes I was down and really not sure
which direction to turn.
This was the second time we had put an offer
in on this piece of land, and it was our last chance.
And. We. Got. It!!!!
It's so cool that today was that day exactly
one year ago where this dream started.
It's so hard to think that I've been living in
this house since September 5th now!
Not a very long time, but it does feel like forever!!
What a cool thing to figure out and remember today!
Today is day 31 of the Slice of Life writing challenge! I'm so thankful that my coworker Jennifer encouraged me to join! It's been a great ride, and I'm looking forward to sharing more as time goes on! Thank you for everyone who has taken the time to communicate with me, and share with me. I truly loved each day of this!

I loved the "seeming" coincidences like this March 31st, 2015 was when you found out the great news, and look at all the year has brought, a new house, and I'm sure many other good things, plus you completed the SOLC, Ana. Congratulations to you, I didn't connect every day, but hope you'll be back with everyone on Tuesdays. See you then!
ReplyDeleteThings can change so much in just one month and in one year. I think we need to remember that when we worry about things. We know they will change and maybe the next change will right any wrongs. Did that make sense? So glad you blogged with us this year.
ReplyDelete