Oh, the Monday after the time change.
I am really missing that extra hour right about now.
I was expecting a classroom full of kiddos who also missed their extra hour today.
However, for a Monday, it was a really great day.
I got everything done on my lesson plans today. Say WHAT?!
Yes!
I was also very prepared going into this week, because this week I am slated for jury duty. I had to make sure to have sub plans ready for the beginning of the week just in case I had to go in today. Luck was on my side, and I'm clear as of Wednesday. We shall see what comes after that.
My students worked hard today.
I was impressed with their abilities to keep busy, and help each other when needed.
I had a student ask to tweet my husband to ask his class a question about some robot things that they were doing for her writing work today. Her face lit up when she heard the noise that he had responded.
It was so nice to be able to reach out, as we do a lot through the internet. I am so amazed each day by their curiosity and the ability for us to answer so many questions through our resources.
My reading groups are all about done with their chapter books, or are done as of today... and they all went great. They are eager and ready for what's next and some have even started reading what other groups have read after hearing some of our discussions that they have overheard.
Students were super excited about math, and working with whiteboards to do rounding. I even had big groans when they had to put their materials away. They made me promise that we could do that for our warm-up tomorrow.
Taking the time to soak all of this up right now is awesome. Even though I'm tired from that hour I kept complaining about, I have to say that my kiddos have managed to put a big smile on my face as I reflect on today.
Day 14 of the Slice of Life writing challenge is here and almost gone. It's hard to believe that we're almost half way through. I'm thankful for the two writing teachers for allowing me to be a part of this. Be sure to check out some other people's writing from their days!

I wish my day had gone as well as your. How cool to ask another class for information!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure tomorrow will be great, Lori!!! Yes it has been cool to communicate to other classes through twitter and Facebook. It's my second year really doing it, but more so this year on their lead. :)
DeleteSuch joy in your post - despite the loss of an hour. I loved hearing about your students' successes in so many different areas of your class. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteSuch joy in your post - despite the loss of an hour. I loved hearing about your students' successes in so many different areas of your class. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ellen. Yes it was a great day.. I'm just hoping tomorrow doesn't prove me wrong!!! Hahah... :)
DeleteI loved it when days went smoothly and everything seemed to snap in place. I really loved it when one of my students had a real learning moment. Sounds like you had one of those great days. Congrats.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it the best? Those days are just so amazing when you can see that everything is working how it is supposed to work. :)
DeleteIt sounds like a wonderful day, Ana. Such fun to hear about that tweet question to another class.
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda! It was a great day. I only wish the next day was as good. Oh well, can't win them all!
Delete