We've been in our new house since the beginning of September.
It feels like we've been here forever,
but as we're about to celebrate Easter tomorrow,
I am reminded yet again how little time we've been here.
We were able to have our very first family Christmas this year
in the new house, which was amazing!
I didn't even think that we were about to do our first Easter
in the house until this evening while I was prepping.
Let me rewind just a bit----
Hudson was born in 2014.
He was early. I had just had my last day of school,
before I was going to enjoy my spring break and at least 2.5
weeks until the baby arrived.
WRONG!
I woke up the next morning,
and was having contractions 5 minutes apart
since almost the very beginning.
Although I was in denial, we proceeded to the doctor
and then finally the hospital. It was a Friday.
Good Friday.
A few short hours later, and some scary moments,
we were parents to a tiny little 5 pounder.
We spent 4 long days/nights in the hospital,
including Easter. So it wasn't ideal,
but Hudson spent his first Easter in the hospital,
and we spent our first holiday as a family
in the hospital!
We put our house on the market a month later,
and it sold quickly, so we moved into my parents
house with a 5 month old and nowhere to go!
We stayed with them for about a year,
before we finished building and moved into our home now.
We put our house on the market a month later,
and it sold quickly, so we moved into my parents
house with a 5 month old and nowhere to go!
We stayed with them for about a year,
before we finished building and moved into our home now.
When we moved out of my parent's house when
our house was finished, we started having our firsts
as a family!!! With this being Hudson's
as a family!!! With this being Hudson's
third Easter, it never really dawned on me it would
be the first one in our new house just the 3 of us.
We had such a great time dying eggs together,
he is at such a fun age!
We got to lay out eggs and surprises tonight for him
to wake up to tomorrow.
These moments and memories are just beginning
and I"m trying to make a mental picture of
anything and everything I can.
I know it will go by in the blink of an eye.
What are some of your favorite Holiday Traditions??!

His little face! So sweet to watch. My kids (8 and 10) still seem to get that magical look on their faces when we do this each year. Have a lovely holiday!
ReplyDeleteThanks Betsy! I hope that you had a great holiday as well! :)
DeleteHudson is a cutie! The magic of the egg going in white and coming out green and blue and yellow! Holiday traditions are the best. My kids are 19 and 23 and those traditions are still important to them. So keep them going strong because it is something he will always remember and you will always treasure.
ReplyDeleteAwe thank you Leigh Anne! The eggs sure were fun. I have to say even at 31 traditions are important to me as well. :)
DeleteIt's exciting to hear about new traditions that your family is starting!! Your little guy is adorable! That smile is precious! Happy Easter!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Michelle! We did have a great Easter. Hope you did too!
Delete